Saturday, July 17, 2010

European sports announcers in the World cup......

I had started watching the world cup for the global football sportsmanship.   I continued to watch because I was rooting for Spain and the sports announcers were so entertaining!!

Here are some of my favorite quotes:
  1. He gave so much notice, He fairly sent a telegram that the ball was coming
  2. we are watching a 90 minute drama
  3. This is stranger than fiction
  4. Well, if the referee is going to be so persnickety
  5. He is fit but not so sharp
  6. he was a bit too cheeky
  7. The player fell in such an unceremonious fashion
  8. That is some obdurate defense
  9. Its beginning to look as though even one goal would be enough
  10. It loks as though the referee was going to blow his whistle and thought better of it
  11. He serves his country nobly
  12. I think he is trying to sort his feet out
  13. the promiseland of world cup winning is still in never never land for netherland
and my personal favorite:
14. It would have been a glorious goal, had it been forthcoming

Can you imagine this sort of announcing for the Patriots or the SF Giants??