Monday, January 21, 2008

Nirvana and all that stuff

I decided to try a yoga class....here are my thoughts on this wonderful ancient practice

--oh my God!! no one warned me about these core stabilizing nazis!
I got a call while we waited for the class to start and I was getting glares--i think the cell phone messed up their chi or interfered with their inner flow-
But wait, it gets worse...I was supposed to breathe, stabilize my core, surrender my thoughts, balance on one leg with the other one "gently" in the air, lift my left arm and open my heart center--all while making sure my movements were "soft", without any judgement--then when I tried to look over at her to find out what to do next---well--I fell over--she said it was ok
that I just needed to be present with my body and observe--well it doesn't take much observation to be one with the fact that my ass hurts
--brunch sounded so much better in hindsight (no pun intended though that is what I spent the hour of yoga doing, hind-sight, of mine and others!!)

(and by the way, i checked with my mom and "downward facing dog" just doesn't translate to or from Sanskrit---so not sure where that came from)
peace be with you and don't forget to breathe into your lower core--and open your pelvis (ah, that is why we don't teach yoga to teenagers)